My birthday brother and long time friend DJ Dan offhandedly made a remark to me at Contact in 2018. He mentioned that I could do an episode on his Stereo Damage Podcast. I was honored and nervous. It took me almost 4 years to actually deliver this exclusive mix. During that time I had worked on a few different playlists. Nothing really felt right. And then of course, the world as we knew it was shut down. DJ’ing was the furthest thing from my mind. In fact, dance music made me so sad. Without people dancing, DJ sets felt wrong to me.
Flash forward to this year. In 2022, the world opened for us here in the states. I started to see people gathering and dancing. Also I never stopped listening to everything during the last few years. In fact, my collection has grown more than ever. The Techno that is coming out right now is harder and harder every day. My Techno backlog of songs is vast, and most of it is hammer and nails time. When I was looking again at doing the Stereo Damage show I knew I had to dig deeper.
This long story longer points to what this mix is here. HOUSE. Dare I say even, deep house. It’s Something I am not known for. This is a mix for my friend Dan. I believe House is a pillar of electronica. In addition, our House & Techno nights were a lesson in those specific genres. This mix is a celebration of new and old house songs. To drive that point home, it ends with my edit of the unreleased Tribal mix of KC Flightt “Voices” from 1991. With the fragmentation of our music, it’s good to be reminded of our core values. Without House, we don’t have Techno in my not so humble opinion. The opposite is true as well of course. Enjoy the mix and share. Happy New Year!
Stereo Damage Podcast Episode 196 Track List
- Don’t Mother Me (Original Mix) – Swirl People [Swirled Music]
- KDA ‘Hate Me’ ft. Patrick Cash (Extended Mix) – KDA [The 35 Records]
- Samba (Original Mix) – Todd Terry, House Of Gypsies [Cr2 Records]
- If I Can’t Get Down (Original Mix) – Mike Dunn [Defected]
- Muzik Xpress (Original Mix) – X-Press 2 [Skint Records]
- Dr. Funk (Riva Starr Mo’ Funk Mix) – Carl Cox [Bush Records]
- Can’t Buy This (Original Mix) – Roland Clark, Colour Castle [iCompilations]
- Music Is Here (DJ Pierre Jack Remix) – Roland Leesker [Get Physical Music]
- Out Of Control feat. Paris The Black Fu (Extended Mix) – Samuel L Session [KMS Records]
- LA Street (Original Mix) – Max Muller [Erase Records]
- Revolution (Deep In Jersey Extended Mix) – Harry Romero [DFTD]
- Brighter Days (Underground Goodies Mix) – Cajmere, Dajae [Cajual Records]
- Mi Casa Es Su Casa (Original Mix) – Edu Imbernon, Coyu, Uner [Cr2 Records]
- We Call it House (Original Mix) – Saliva Commandos [BBR]
- Fly Life (Todd Terry Remix) – Basement Jaxx [Freeze Records]
- Your Dream is Possible (Original Mix) – Acid Kit, Nico Guerrero [Trax Records]
- Is Like (Original Mix) – Secret Project [Complex Textures]
- West Coast Revival (Hipp-e Remix) – Denney [Hot Creations]
- Headspin (Original Mix) – Fries & Bridges [Robsoul Essential]
- Genesis (Extended Mix) – Yousef, Harry Romero, Chuck Roberts [Armada Music Bundles]
- The Spirit (Mark Broom’s Club Rub Extended Remix) – Mighty Mouse [Glitterbox Recordings]
- Party Started (Set It Off) – Strafe, Avision [Factory 93 Records]
- Voices (The Tribal Unreleased Mix) (Alien Tom Edit) – KC Flightt [Sheeva Records]
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.